I’ll admit that it can be tough to find a good no-bake dessert recipe, but this apricot coconut slice is definitely a winner!
This slice is packed full of desiccated coconut, dried apricots, white chocolate and chopped biscuits. The result is an easy and addictive sweet treat bursting with flavour!
All you need to do is melt, mix, and refrigerate. This slice is also topped with a delicious lemon icing which you can make in less than 5 minutes!
For the Base
- 250 g (9 oz) plain sweet biscuits (I use Milk Arrowroot or Marie/Maria biscuits)
- 200 g (7 oz) block of white chocolate, roughly chopped
- 150 g (5.3 oz) unsalted butter, roughly chopped
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup dried apricots, finely chopped
- 395 g (14 oz) tin of sweetened condensed milk
For the Icing
- 60 g (2 oz) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, plus more as needed
- 2 cups icing sugar / confectioners sugar
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
For the Base
- Grease and line a 20 x 30 cm (8 x 12 inch) slice pan with baking paper, ensuring there's at least 3 cm (1 inch) overhang for easy removal of the hedgehog.
- Lightly crush the biscuits either using a rolling pin or food processor. There should still be some reasonably large chunks of biscuit to give the slice a better texture. Set aside.
- In a separate large heat-proof bowl, stir together the chopped chocolate and butter. Microwave at full power for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave in further 30 second bursts, stirring well in-between, until chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Add crushed biscuits, coconut, apricots and sweetened condensed milk. Stir together until very well combined.
- Press the mixture firmly into the slice tin. You may find it helpful to grease the back of a spoon or the base of a heavy glass and use that to help press down the mixture firmly. Set aside at room temperature while you make the chocolate topping.
For the Icing
- In the medium bowl of an electric stand mixer (or using a hand mixer), stir together the melted butter and lemon juice. Sift over icing sugar. Beat until fluffy, adding more lemon juice as needed until a smooth consistency is reached.
- Spread icing over the slice. Top with desiccated coconut. Refrigerate the slice for 3 hours or until set firm. Remove from the pan and slice into 24 even pieces.
- You can keep the slice un-refigerated in an airtight container for 7 days.
Substitutions & Tips
- Chocolate: you can substitute the 200 g block of white chocolate for 200 g (7 oz / 1 heaped cup) of white chocolate chips.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 Square
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 294Total Fat: 15.6gSaturated Fat: 10.6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0.4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 98.2mgCarbohydrates: 35.2gFiber: 7.6gSugar: 29gProtein: 2.8g