Sometimes regular chocolate chip cookies just won't do! That's when you'll want these indulgent double chocolate chip cookies!
These cookies are crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside with a rich cocoa batter and plenty of chocolate chips!
This will satisfy even the biggest sweet tooth. Best of all, they're quick and easy to make, so you can curb your chocolate cravings ASAP!
- 125 g (½ cup / 4.5 oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup plain flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 heaped cup (200 g / 7 oz) dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips, plus extra to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (355°F). Grease and line two large baking trays with baking paper.
- In the large bowl of an electric stand mixer (or using a hand mixer), cream together butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add egg and beat until well combined. Add vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Sift over plain flour, baking soda and cocoa powder. Stir together until a soft dough forms. Add chocolate chips and mix until well combined.
- Roll 1 big tablespoon of dough into a ball and place onto the prepared tray. Flatten slightly. Repeat with remaining dough, leaving a 3 cm (1 inch) gap between the cookies to allow for spreading. Stud extra chocolate chips into the top of each cookie, if desired.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through and edges are browned. Allow to cool on the tray for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- You can keep cookies un-refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
- To freeze the uncooked cookie dough, wrap tightly in clingwrap and place in a zip-loc or freezer bag. Keep for up to 6 months frozen. To thaw, allow to defrost at room temperature for 6 hours or overnight and bake as normal.
- You can replace 1 heaped cup of dark chocolate chips with milk or white chocolate chips (or a combination). You can also use chopped chocolate blocks.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 Cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 162Total Fat: 8.2gSaturated Fat: 5.1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 9.3mgSodium: 44.6mgCarbohydrates: 20.6gFiber: 0.2gSugar: 15.5gProtein: 1.6g