Is there anything better than a muffin fresh out of the oven? These muffins bring together the magical combination of passionfruit and white chocolate.
They are light, fluffy, and bursting with passionfruit flavour. Big chunks of white chocolate balance out the tang and make these muffins all too addictive!
These muffins are freezer-friendly and make the perfect afternoon snack.
- ⅓ cup milk
- ⅓ cup passionfruit pulp / 3 fresh passionfruit
- 125 g (4.5 oz / ½ cup) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 180 g (6.5 oz / 1 cup) block white chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (355 F). Line a 12-hole (⅓-cup-capacity) muffin pan with paper cases.
- In a small jug, stir together the milk and passionfruit pulp. Set aside for 5 minutes. It may curdle, which is a good thing.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter, caster sugar, eggs, vanilla. Add the milk and passionfruit mixture and whisk to combine.
- Sift the flour and salt over the wet ingredients. Fold the flour into the mixture until nearly combined. Fold in half of the chocolate chunks, being careful not to over-mix the batter.
- Distribute batter evenly among the muffin cases. Press the remaining white chocolate chunks on top of the muffins.
- Bake for a 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden and a skewer inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- You can keep the muffins un-refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- To freeze the muffins, allow to cool completely then place in an airtight container or zip-loc/freezer bags. Keep frozen for up to 6 months. Defrost at room temperature for 6 hours or overnight.
- Flour: You can replace 2 cups of self-raising flour with 2 cups of plain flour combined with 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- Chocolate: you can replace the 180 g block of white chocolate with 180 g (6.5 oz / 1 heaped cup) of white chocolate chips. Dark chocolate also pairs beautifully with passionfruit, so you can use the same amount of chopped dark chocolate or dark chocolate chips.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 Muffin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 317Total Fat: 14.9gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 30.8mgSodium: 97mgCarbohydrates: 40.5gFiber: 1.3gSugar: 25.4gProtein: 4.3g