If I had to rank my favourite types of cookies, white chocolate and macadamia nut cookies would be way up there.
Rich, nutty macadamias are the perfect match for creamy white chocolate. It’s an addictive combination which results in ridiculously delicious cookies!
These cookies are crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside. They also keep well, but don’t expect these to last long!
- 125 g (4.5 oz / ½ cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 ½ cups self-raising flour
- 200 g (7 oz) block of white chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (355°F). Grease and line two large baking trays with baking paper.
- In the large mixing bowl of an electric mixer (or using a hand mixer), cream together butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla essence and beat until well combined.
- Add flour and stir until a soft dough comes together. Add chopped white chocolate and macadamias and stir until well combined.
- Roll 1 small tablespoon of mixture into a ball and place onto the prepared tray. Flatten slightly. Repeat with remaining dough, leaving a 3 cm (1 inch) gap between the cookies to allow for spreading.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until slightly golden around the edges. Do not over-cook or else the cookies will be crispy! Allow to cool on the tray for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- You can keep these cookies un-refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 10 days.
- To freeze the cookie dough, wrap tightly in clingwrap and place in a zip-loc or freezer bag. Defrost at room temperature for 6 hours or overnight and bake as normal.
- Chocolate: you can substitute the 200 g block of white chocolate for 200 g (7 oz / 1 heaped cup) of white chocolate chips. You can also use milk or dark chocolate for a different flavour.
- Flour: you can substitute 1 ½ cups of self-raising flour with 1 ½ cups of plain flour combined with 3 tsp of baking powder.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 Cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 190Total Fat: 11.6gSaturated Fat: 5.3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3.5gCholesterol: 7.8mgSodium: 48.8mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 0.7gSugar: 13.9gProtein: 2g