We go through so much Baileys in my house! It’s one of our favourite ways to finish off a lovely evening after a big dinner.
When I started out making a batch of chocolate fudge, I couldn’t resist infusing it with my favourite liqueur! The result is this incredible three ingredient (yes, three) Baileys Fudge.
This delicious adults-only fudge requires no baking and takes less than 15 minutes to prepare. It’s a truly indulgent dessert which is as easy as it is delicious!
- 600 g (21 oz) block of dark or semi-sweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- 395 g (14 oz) tin of sweetened condensed milk
- ⅓ cup (60 mL) Baileys Original Irish Cream Liqueur
- Grease and line a 20 cm (8 inch) square cake tin with baking paper, ensuring there is at least 3 cm (1 inch) of baking paper overhanging for easy removal of the fudge.
- Place chopped dark chocolate and sweetened condensed milk in a large heat proof bowl. Stir together.
- Microwave for 1 minute on full power. Stir well. Microwave for another 1 minute and stir until thick.
- Slowly pour in Baileys Irish Cream liqueur and stir until smooth and well combined. Scrape fudge mixture into the prepared tin and smooth out with the back of a spoon.
- Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight. Remove from tin and slice into 25 even squares.
- You can store this fudge un-refrigerated in an airtight container in a cool place for up to 2 weeks. If your house is hot, keep it in the fridge.
Substitutions & Tips
- Chocolate: many chocolate chips aren't designed to be melted down. If you want to use chocolate chips instead of a block of chocolate, make sure they are high quality (not labelled 'compound' or 'candy melts').
- Irish Cream Liqueur: you can use any brand of Irish Cream Liqueur.
- Can I use milk or white chocolate instead? I don't recommend using milk or white chocolate. The fudge may not set properly.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1/25th of Fudge
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 186Total Fat: 8.7gSaturated Fat: 5.4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0.4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2.4mgCarbohydrates: 23.1gFiber: 0gSugar: 22gProtein: 2.8g