You can make this incredible Oreo fudge with just three ingredients! This fudge is smooth and rich with a delicious cookies and cream flavour.
All you need is 10 minutes of preparation time and a microwave. No baking required!
Ingredients in Oreo Fudge
- Oreos: the essential ingredient in this delicious, cookies and cream flavoured fudge. Use standard Oreos for the best result.
- White chocolate chips / melts: use high-quality (not compound) chocolate which is designed to melt. Be careful as some chocolate chips are designed to hold their shape. You can also use chopped white chocolate blocks.
- Sweetened condensed milk: this helps the fudge come together and gives it a beautiful and creamy texture. I use full-fat.
How to Make Oreo Fudge
This recipe couldn't be easier.
- Crush all but 4 of the Oreos.
- Melt together the white chocolate and sweetened condensed milk.
- Add the crushed oreos.
- Pour into a lined pan and set in the fridge.
You can store this fudge un-refrigerated in an airtight container in a cool place for up to 2 weeks. If your house is hot, keep it in the fridge.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use any brand of chocolate sandwich cookies?
Yes, you can substitute Oreos for any brand of good quality chocolate sandwich cookies. You can also use 275 g (9.7 oz) of mini Oreos or Oreo Thins.
Can I use different types of chocolate such as milk or dark?
No, the ratios are different for milk and dark chocolate and the fudge may not set correctly.
Can I make Oreo fudge without a microwave?
Yes, you can make this fudge on a stovetop. You can melt the chocolate chips and butter in a double boiler, stirring frequently until smooth.
Are there any substitutes for sweetened condensed milk?
I don't recommend substituting sweetened condensed milk with anything else. It is crucial that the consistency is correct to allow the fudge to set and become rich and creamy.
Tips to make Oreo Fudge
Don't overmix the fudge
Once the chocolate and condensed milk are melted together, mix in the chopped Oreos gently. Overmixing can cause the fudge to become tough and lose its texture.
Cut the fudge into small pieces
Oreo fudge can be rich, so cut it into small pieces to serve. A small square or rectangle will be perfect for a sweet treat.
Wrap individual squares for festive gifts
You can wrap individual squares in cellophane or cling wrap and tie them neatly to make the perfect gift for any occasion.
Variations of Oreo Fudge
Here are a few variations of Oreo fudge that you can try:
- Mint: Add a teaspoon of peppermint extract to the fudge mixture and use crushed mint Oreo cookies instead of regular Oreos.
- Peanut Butter: Mix in a few tablespoons of creamy peanut butter to the fudge mixture and use crushed peanut butter Oreos instead of regular Oreos.
- Rocky Road: Mix in nuts and mini marshmallows to the fudge mixture.
- Salted Caramel: Mix in a few tablespoons of caramel sauce to the fudge mixture and sprinkle sea salt on top before chilling.
- 275 g (9.7 oz / approx. 28 individual) regular Oreos
- 400 g (14 oz / 2 heaping cups) white chocolate chips / melts
- 400 g (14 oz) can of sweetened condensed milk
- Grease and line a 20 cm (8 inch) square cake tin with baking paper.
- Set aside 4 Oreos for decorating. Place the remaining Oreos in a large zip-loc or freezer bag (don't seal completely) and use a heavy rolling pin to lightly crush the Oreos. There should be some reasonably large pieces remaining. Set aside.
- In a large heat-proof bowl, combine the chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk. Microwave for 1 minute on full power. Stir well until the mixture is smooth. If needed, microwave for another 30 seconds to melt the chocolate completely.
- Add the crushed Oreos and stir together until very well combined. The mixture will be thick. Press the mixture into the prepared tin and flatten out with the back of a spoon.
- Chop up the reserved 4 Oreos and press the pieces into the top of the fudge for decoration. Refrigerate the fudge for 4 hours or overnight. Slice up into 25 squares and enjoy.
- Please note that my recipes are measured in metric cups and spoons which are larger than US cups and spoons. Most recipes will be fine if measured in US cups and spoons, but please use the weight (grams) measurement for the most accurate result.
- You can store this fudge un-refrigerated in an airtight container in a cool place for up to 2 weeks. If your house is hot, keep it in the fridge.
Substitutions & Tips
- Oreos: you can substitute Oreos for any brand of chocolate sandwich cookies. You can also use 275 g (9.7 oz) of mini Oreos or Oreo Thins.
- Chocolate: many chocolate chips aren't designed to be melted down. Make sure you use cooking chocolate or white chocolate melts which can be easily melted down. You can also use 400 g (14 oz) of chopped white chocolate blocks.
- Can I use milk or dark chocolate instead? I don't recommend using milk or dark chocolate in this recipe. The fudge may not set properly.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1/25th of the Slab
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 197Total Fat: 9.5gSaturated Fat: 4.5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0.4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 61mgCarbohydrates: 25.2gFiber: 0gSugar: 17.9gProtein: 2.7g